The REDUCE package RSYMCON
by K. Gatermann (FU/ZIB Berlin)
RSYMCON is a package developed for bifurcation theory with symmetry.
All grouptheoretic information are computed which are
necessary for the numerical treatment of parameter dependent problems
with the symmetry of a finite group.
Based on the SYMMETRY Package in Reduce which stores some finite small
groups together with their irreducible linear representations
the following informations are computed
The numerical part of SYMCON has been developed together with A. Hohmann.
- abstract grouptheoretic information: bifurcation subgroups, normalizers
conjugate subgroups, representatives of left cosets, innerconnectivity
- grouptheoretic information depending on a representation:
isotropy subgroups, evaluation of reduced equations
- information of actual bifurcation problem for numerical treatment
You may pick up the file by pressing the underlined name
and save it to your local directory. Depending on whether
your netscape or mosaic already uncompresses it you give it the
name rsymcon.tar.Z or rsymcon.tar.
- Unpack the file:
- If your mosaic or netscape does not uncompress it
- uncompress rsymcon.tar.Z
- tar -xvf rsymcon.tar
- unpacks the Reduce code, an installation guide and
documentations of symcon and SYMMETRY into the directory
- The installation guide describes how to make Reduce binaries from the *.red files.
- Then the symbolic part of symcon is easily loaded into the REDUCE session
- by typing
- in "rsymcon/redusymcon.red";
Last Update: December 12, 1997 by
© 1997 by Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB)